What Music Do You Listen To?

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
One of the very most exciting things about last years Citizen Con Squadron 42 showcase was the EPIC "I held the line" musical score. Nothing better captures the mood of a moment than music.

Although Squadron 42 will likely have any number of amazing tracks to enjoy throughout the game, Star Citizen (as we can currently experience) is void of musical accompaniment. I typically don't listen to music while gaming but thinking back to my time playing GTA IV, I truly loved cranking up the tunes while driving to a mission location. It really did amp up my experience.

What, if any, music do you like to listen to during delivery missions, mining, hull stripping, bounty hunting, etc...? We should put our heads together to create a fantastic playlist for SC.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgvfzeRJNdE

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I like a number of types of music, mostly hard rock & heavy metal, though I'm open to most types depending on my mood at the time. As for a song that I enjoy when I'm looking to be calm yet focused in case I need to be on the ball, this song often fits the bill. Many here probably already know it.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
United Kingdom
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I love music I listen to all sorts.

Well if you like star citizen music I think you will really like the Halo soundtracks - I love those CDs.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Game soundtracks regardless of genre (frome classical like WotLK, to whatever Red Alert's soundtrack is labeled as. Mafia, GTA radios especially VC and SA, Cyberpunk... there's just so many bangers!), older heavy metal and variants, and nowadays specifically Japanese rock/metal. I also listen to jazz when driving cos it's the radio station that has the least amount of banter and we don't have a reliable rock/metal station.
I recently remembered that my project car has a CD changer in it, and found that it has CDs in it from the previous owner, which is an eclectic mix of mostly Arab music mixed in with some gipsy folk (there is no word for "mulatós" in English, I guess we can call it "having fun music" in a literal transaltion) and hard house/trance.

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
I love music I listen to all sorts.

Well if you like star citizen music I think you will really like the Halo soundtracks - I love those CDs.
Good call on Halo! I have only played 1 Halo game so I'm not terribly familiar with the franchise. I listened to a couple tracks and they were really enjoyable. Also, watching the Halo 'Reach' TV series right now and paying special attention to the musical score - they seem to be doing a great job on that account!

Made me think of the Battlestar Galactica soundtrack. I'm going to have that in my playlist for certain!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ksn92hjgy0&list=PL5755B7BA7F19B8D2

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
I like to listen to songs of many genres. I don't necessarily like the genre as a whole but particular songs within really hit. Like Insomnia by Faithless is a dance song I like but I'm not really into dance. at times I will have Lord of the Rings or Star Wars soundtracks playing.

I do often find myself often playing through the greatest hits of Metallica when I'm exploring the verse though so I'm a closet metalhead I guess. :o7:

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
Stuck in an elevator someone on an R&R Station
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I didn't mention movie/tvshow soundtracks because LOTR/SW/Indy and BSG soundtrack is so obviously awesome to listen to I just forgot to add them lol
I always had the BSG soundtrack on when I was playing EVE back in the day, it fit pretty well, it was just a bit short.
Yeah big fan of soundtracks here as well. I’m obsessed with the Oppenheimer Soundtrack right now….check out “Can you hear the Music” and tell me you can’t imagine that playing in the background while you play Star Citizen.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Yeah big fan of soundtracks here as well. I’m obsessed with the Oppenheimer Soundtrack right now….check out “Can you hear the Music” and tell me you can’t imagine that playing in the background while you play Star Citizen.
Haven't watched the movie yet, even though I meant to several times now. I just couldn't commit the time and attention at the same time. Same goes for Dune2, these are movies I wanna watch as in just watch and pay full attention to, not doing anything else

I can see how it would fit certain situations, for example if the themes/paces it goes through could be staggered out by distance and change as you get closer to a jump point it would be a great fit.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
Stuck in an elevator someone on an R&R Station
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I can see how it would fit certain situations, for example if the themes/paces it goes through could be staggered out by distance and change as you get closer to a jump point it would be a great fit.
Yup that's what I'm thinking of as well. The synthesizer horns remind me of something from Blade Runner as well.

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Fantastic! I'll like to have to look into that a bit closer. Thanks for the recommendation :)