Joystick profiles missing in 3.23

Mio Fujii

Commander
Donor
Sep 15, 2023
RSI Handle
Mio_Fujii
Anyone else notice that the joystick profiles, both custom and "generic", are missing from the 3.23 EPTU build. Not sure if it is something with my system missing files or if they really are not there.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
They've realised that xbox controllers is where it's really at

• Wut
Reactions: NomadicHavoc

Mio Fujii

Commander
Donor
Sep 15, 2023
RSI Handle
Mio_Fujii
Apparently it is a bug..... go figure.

The advanced menu for joysticks only appears in the EPTU universe, it won't appear on the main menu or in AC. I was able to confirm that it will show up in the 3.23 EPTU-PU. Guess I will set up the majority of the profile in 3.22 and then fine tune it in 3.23. Though, lacking motivation lately, so barely even started on it.

Mio Fujii

Commander
Donor
Sep 15, 2023
RSI Handle
Mio_Fujii
Finally setting up my Virpil Controls.

I was waiting for the 3.23 patch to go into the EPTU/PTU since there were a number of keybind changes, but, there was a bug that made it difficult to save profiles. They finally fixed it days before 3.23 went live (and during my work week). They changed some the keybinds for joysticks, so still trying to get a grip on some of those changes (abs/rel seems to be gone from some setting that used to have it). Fighting with the throttle right now, got the other basic movement controls how I want them. Still have a lot more to set up before even my "basic" setup is done. Decided troubleshooting as I go was the way to do it to cause less headaches.

For some odd reason that I am still trying to figure out, the brake, set to one of my rudder pedal brakes, acts almost like a parking brake. I stop with it, try to accelerate again........ nothing. I press the pedal a couple of times, suddenly I can accelerate again. It is not a 1to1, though, sometimes it stops the throttle from responding........ sometimes it doesn't. Not positive if it is a mistake in how I set it up, something odd in how the system is reading the input from the pedal or something odd with the pedal itself. Think I need to look further into what kind of signal it is sending (switching or linear).

Just got off of a "long week" at work, so my attention span isn't as good as normal. This coming week is a "short week", so I will have a longer weekend to get more in depth with setting it up. Right now just trying to get enough set up that I can fly from NB to Area18 for Invictus.

Forgot your password?