The Business of War

Daiten Baou

Rear Admiral
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
DaitenTryce
As a former supplier of TEST EVE, I've come to TEST Squadron to help keep our coffers and supplies up to scratch with our (probably heavy) needs.

So... I'm a little out of date on the official forums. Any intel on the economy and so on?
I know mining will be more active and we'll need crews to work on mining and guard them. I've several ideas on the deployment and all that. I'm guessing planetside resources and fuel production will be in play as well. I've retired from EVE for a new start in business in Star Citizen. I hope I can get a couple teams together for production and trade.

War is hell... but funding and supplying can be even worse... My calculators and market manipulation skills are at your disposal!

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777

As far as the economy goes and helping out with the commerce, I've heard just about as much as you aside from NPC's will help and hurt the economy. Stations will put up missions for more raw materials or finished goods and they can either be picked up by players or NPC's. Things such as pirates can effect trade routes which means its very important to have in house production.

I had a carebear character in eve that I mined with and I enjoyed hauling and etc, so I can lend a hand when able. Hauling was always relaxing to me after a long day, but so was blowing shit up :P Don't mind guarding the routes or mining ops either.

Flipper

Grand Moff of TEST Squardon
Nov 1, 2013
Holy shit Lord of War! I know that movie!

LuLu

Admiral
Nov 11, 2013
RSI Handle
DJLuLu
As a former supplier of TEST EVE, I've come to TEST Squadron to help keep our coffers and supplies up to scratch with our (probably heavy) needs.

War is hell... but funding and supplying can be even worse... My calculators and market manipulation skills are at your disposal!
I'm actually interested in much the same thing as you, hence why I bought the very modular freelancer. I'd love to team up for mining/supply run duties.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
...though I imagine that there's plenty of room to *ahrm* create arbitrage opportunities on a local or regional scale.
I prefer the term "lead pipe economists".

That's where we beat you with a lead pipe til you buy our goods.

Daiten Baou

Rear Admiral
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
DaitenTryce
On topic, though -- I think that this is still the latest official word on the economy. To my disappointment, CR seems to building the system specifically to avoid massive-scale market manipulation, though I imagine that there's plenty of room to *ahrm* create arbitrage opportunities on a local or regional scale.
I know. Doesn't mean we can't be a dominating player in the general economy. We won't be a Walmart... but I can probably push limits in the markets.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
You're welcome to be a "TEST Business Representative"...
Can the position be called Human Resources and can I be referred to as just Mr. Cool? If so, then I'll take it!

Daiten Baou

Rear Admiral
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
DaitenTryce
Teach me your ways. I still play EVE and what you said you did sounds pretty bad ass.
With Rubicon in play I'm probably out of date. But I was a TEST- allied businessman during TEST's last war with the Goons. I built everything from T1 ammo, to T2 gear, to Battleships. Just before I left I'd begun building capitals. At that point... TEST finally broke under Goon assault, so I said screw it. Business was still booming when I left but I closed up my orders and said farewell once I heard Star Citizen was up and coming. I still have my skills ... but I'm not going to begin work until I hear more about the Star Citizen economy. Even then, to build the business empire quickly, you need a team you can trust and that works well together. I'd go in further detail but that'd take me a week the completely type up.

I suppose if I got a decent reliable team up for Star Citizen (Legit) business, I'd be more inclined. If there's enough interest I'd be more than happy to begin preparations for market domination.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I suppose if I got a decent reliable team up for Star Citizen (Legit) business, I'd be more inclined. If there's enough interest I'd be more than happy to begin preparations for market domination.
Im also interested in the economy part of the game. Trade, production, economic domination.

Daiten Baou

Rear Admiral
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
DaitenTryce
Im also interested in the economy part of the game. Trade, production, economic domination.
Well you're the head honcho of these misfits. I'm just a peon in an Aurora LN! (and a 300i with the military spec upgrade... forgot the precise number.)

In all seriousness, I'll support however you want to go about it. I have ideas on various business models I used in EVE and a few other games with success. I'm not entirely aware of what ships people have precisely, but I can do some setups for Mining/Transport fleets.

The second thing I used to do was act as dispatcher for jobs within the EVE corp I was in. I coordinated the efforts to get things where they needed to go, the ISK where it needed to go, set up all the contracts, and set up connections to various other corps and individual buyers/sellers. So, running the teams was something I got used to. Towards the end of my EVE career, I went solo in business, without teams or support, and still managed to do 500 million to 2 billion in business a month. I had my own POSes and was able to research and manufacture faster than my competitors. It was hard work, but I had fun.

Just let me know what role you want me to assume and I'll prep and research accordingly.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
...Human Resources is support structure for within a business... but if I need an "Internal Affairs" person I'll know who to call...
How about Unhuman Resources? Ok. Enough making shit up. I'm down for being TEST's Business Representative :p

Forgot your password?