Polaris at Invictus Pictures (even some from the inside)

White Lando

Admiral
Donor
Nov 25, 2021
RSI Handle
White_Lando
Thought I'd share some screen shots from the RSI showroom at the Invictus event incase some people weren't able to attend in person.

I would highly recommend making the trip if your computer is up to it. The Polaris is an impressive sight and these pictures do not do her justice.
POLARIS FRONT ANGLED.png
POLARIS SIDE ANGLED FROM UPPER LEFT.png
POLARIS BACKISH ANGLED.png
POLARIS REAR.png
POLARIS SIDE ANGLED FROM BACK RIGHT.png

This is from the inside center of the ship looking forward towards the bridge. I tried moving around more but it's extremely picky and will boot you from the ship if you're off by a tiny margin.
POLARIS INSIDE LOOKING REAR TO FRONT 2.png

This is looking more towards port (left) side. The following pictures are turning more and more to port until it faces aft (rear of the ship). You freaking sailing nerds aren't going to yell at me!
POLARIS INSIDE LOOKING REAR TO SIDE FRONTISH 2.png

POLARIS INSIDE LOOKING REAR TO SIDE FRONTISH.png

POLARIS INSIDE LOOKING REAR TO SIDE.png

This is facing aft and is actually the first direction I was facing when I managed to enter the ship. I'll explain how to do it below.
POLARIS INSIDE LOOKING REAR 1.png

How I got my grubby little camera into the Polaris:

Enter the port side co-pilot seat of the Andromeda (Andromeda is located on the port side of the Polaris near the aft).

Hit F4 to enter 3rd person view of the ship. Hold F4 and use the mouse roller wheel to zoom out a little ways. Release F4 then HOLD the "Z" letter key. Now if you move your mouse, it will move your camera around the pivot point that is the Andromeda.

While holding "Z" start to slam your camera into the side of the Polaris. Don't be shy, picture an old TV that is doing that rolling picture until you smack it hard enough. Your camera view will start jumping up and down around the Polaris trying to play hard to get. It's kind of a trial and error thing.

If it doesn't work after a while, try zooming closer or further away from the Andromeda (the ship we're sitting in). The sweet spot for me seemed to be on the side of the ship at the chunky part of the Polaris where the hangar is located. I think just in front of the rear landing gear.

Once you're in, you'll have to be very careful or it will kick you back out. If you want to look around, you'll have to maneuver around a bit to give the walls of a ship a wide birth. If you hold F4, you can press the left and right direction buttons to move your camera laterally (think of it like a drone) this can alter your pivot point. If you move more towards the center of the ship, you can release F4 and hold Z again then pivot to look around inside the ship.

Good luck and don't worry if you don't get to experience it first hand. We'll be getting this baby this year anyways and I'm sure the interior will be significantly improved :o7:

XOXO

White Lando

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Thanks.
When I saw it on the showroom floor, it struck me how much it looked like a bigger Connie, but not as sleek. (Considering I never , before, considered the Connie as sleek and still don't really. )

White Lando

Admiral
Donor
Nov 25, 2021
RSI Handle
White_Lando
It's definitely rugged. Is this a Large or Cap ship? Or is there a Sub-Cap class this could fit in?
It's a Capital with Capital size Shield Generator, Power Plant, Cooler and Radar. Large size Quantum Drive.

Allegedly the Polaris Shield will be around 775,000 hp. Also the ship from stem to stern measures around 166 meters now. So she got a little bigger but not too much.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
When CIG showed the silhouette of the Polaris at this past CitizenCon as 1 of the ships they planned on releasing this year, my gut feeling was that they'd hold it until the next CC as that would mark it's 8th anniversary from announcement & concept sale. IF CIG finishes it early, I won't be mad if they take the time to give it a 2nd look to make sure as much is functioning properly as possible. Especially if doing so also benefits the progress of the Perseus & Galaxy.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
When CIG showed the silhouette of the Polaris at this past CitizenCon as 1 of the ships they planned on releasing this year, my gut feeling was that they'd hold it until the next CC as that would mark it's 8th anniversary from announcement & concept sale. IF CIG finishes it early, I won't be mad if they take the time to give it a 2nd look to make sure as much is functioning properly as possible. Especially if doing so also benefits the progress of the Perseus & Galaxy.
They were pretty clear it was going to be released with the patch for iae. Which is after cc in November. Which make since as cc is slated to bring Pyro and 4.0 with server mesh which really will be needed for the servers to handle having players flying Polaris around.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Looking further at it last night and here, it seems to me that the Marketing Department of Roberts Strut Industries once again prevailed. Apparently the Scorpius and Mantis weren't selling enough struts for the company, so the struts are back.

Last edited:

Xero

Ensign
May 28, 2024
RSI Handle
XeroCreator
I only managed one 'bump' into the ship but i could never get it to happen again.

I think I am the only one that 'accidentally' broke inside the ship without using the other constellations cameras.
I literally fell while jumping around and it popped me inside where I could see quite a lot, + a few extra 'interior' photos closer to the front.

They're over on reddit here: Polaris inside

I also 'fell' on top of the ship at some point and have a video on my youtube channel as well.
Running around the top of the Polaris

As you can see, I fell and sustained injuries, but it was worth it to be up close and personal.

I figured out how it happened, but it's pointless to say since that was the last day you could have done it anyway
(jumping on landing gear)

Also I have confirmed that they removed interior since it was unfinished, but this could also be an 'invisible' interior, since while inside you can still bump into invisible walls. would make sense to make it all transparent and/or remove it.
The ISC video confirmed it for me that they basically removed the interior to show off the exterior.

Forgot your password?